It’s no secret that Europe is home to some of the most beautiful and unique hotels in the world. From luxurious mountain resorts to charming boutique inns, there’s something for everyone when it comes to finding the perfect place to stay during your European vacation. To help you make the most of your trip, here are five unique hotels to visit in Europe:
1. The Icehotel – Jukkasjärvi, Sweden: Located 200 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden, this hotel is made completely out of ice and snow! Each year a new hotel is built from scratch and guests can enjoy its stunning architecture and various activities such as snowshoeing, dog sledding, ice sculpting and more.
2. Hotel Palacio de Sal – Uyuni, Bolivia: This one-of-a-kind hotel is located on the edge of Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia. Built entirely out of salt blocks from the nearby salt flats, this hotel offers an incredibly unique experience with breathtaking views. Guests can also take part in traditional Bolivian activities such as llama trekking and hot springs visits while staying at this incredible destination.
3. La Balade des Gnomes – Durbuy, Belgium: If you’re looking for something truly special then look no further than La Balade des Gnomes! This magical hotel is nestled deep within a forest in Durbuy, Belgium and features whimsical treehouses built into the trees around it. Guests can explore this enchanting place while enjoying a peaceful stay away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
4. Chateau de la Motte – Loire Valley France: This breathtaking chateau dates back to the 15th century and provides guests with an unforgettable experience full of luxury and charm. The castle features stunning architecture as well as lush gardens which visitors can explore during their stay.
5. Hotel Kakslauttanen – Saariselka Finland: Located near Saariselka Finland, this unique hotel allows guests to stay inside an igloo or glass igloo under a blanket of stars! Visitors can marvel at northern lights from their own private bubble while enjoying all sorts of winter activities available nearby such as skiing and snowmobiling.
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious getaway or something more adventurous these five unique hotels will provide you with an unforgettable experience! So why not pick one (or two!) for your next European vacation?